Monday, July 4, 2011

Operation: Audition for Cirque du Soleil

I'm blogging today on this lovely 4th of July with a raging cold, or quite possibly a flu. That really put a wrench in my workout routine. I'm not off to a productive start this week. But I will make my blog!

So, I'm 30 years old...not a spring chicken in the world of performing. But, as I prove to myself day by day that I can do things that I never thought possible, I realize that I should no longer listen to the voice of self doubt. It's time to get some big names on my resume...and I'm shooting for Cirque du Soleil! Cirque du Soleil is cranking out shows like a factory these days and they need more performers than ever to support them. There is no better time than now to go for the golden egg.

How will I get there? Train, train, train, and train some more. It's time to up the anty on my workout routine. I'm talking weight, cardio, endurance, and flexibility training, dance, and floor work. And it's time to get inventive with my acts. Before I am even considered for an audition, I have to submit my profile to the website. That means I need an act that will really set me apart...doing whatever it takes to avoid ending up in the reject pile. So, this summer is all about developing my act and getting myself into tip top shape. That means, 6 days a week I will be moving in some shape or form.

Regardless of where the journey takes me, it is an exciting one, and I am happy to chronicle the process with you all. I'll be sure to share all the struggles, the doubt, the good, and the bad as I give it all I got and try to go after another dream.

3 comments:

  1. What a great goal and opportunity! I will follow your journey! I am rooting for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you decide who to train with? What are the choices that go into doing this? Are their typical names that you know of like a "circle of teachers?"

    I am not asking for their names, I am just wondering if there are only a handful of "big names" in NYC?

    I know we will see you make your goals...your artistry is already unique, honest, delicate and passionate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, I'm planning a trip to Montreal to do some training over there...

    Thanks for the lovely compliments!

    ReplyDelete