Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Application to Cirque Submitted!

I'm a day late on my blog, but the important news is....I made my submission to the cirque du soleil website! It's entirely terrifying. A few years ago, I was sitting in the audience of Cirque du Soleil's Varekai only dreaming about doing what they do. Now, I am applying to their company. Even if I never land the audition, it is still a big moment in my life to even try for it. For some people, leaps like these might be common place in their world, but for me It takes a lot of courage.

In other news, I performed for Showboat Shazaam on Sunday, a circus show on a barge on Pier 6 in Brooklyn. It was day of sweltering heat and rocky waters, but the boat had a beautiful view of Manhattan. All in all, it was really fun to perform. The cast of characters included a darling clown from Paris named Steffi, who I befriended and met for drinks last night in a garden bar on the Bowery. We had documentary film makers follow us at this show, and I was interviewed. I've never been interviewed like this before...I can only hope they edit out any asinine remarks that might have spilled out of my mouth when I was put on the spot.

Next week, stayed tuned for a blog on aerial bar tending... I got a gig next Monday pouring drinks from the air. I'm an aerialist, but I'm no bartender. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment