Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Not your average Monday


When I used to work at Pepsi, I had an abusive relationship with my alarm clock - especially on Monday mornings. Mondays were never remarkable. They were a "drag-your-feet-to-work" day after a way too brief weekend. I must say, since I left the corporate world things got a lot more interesting. Case in point: this Monday I had an aerial bar-tending gig with the lovely ladies of ImaginAerial (www.imaginaerial.com). We poured champagne from the air at an amazing venue overlooking the New York skyline. For those of you who know me well, my spacial awareness drops off when my feet hit the ground. I spill something at least once every meal. So, the real feat for me was not posing at 20 feet in the air, it was pouring champagne without spilling. I did surprisingly well! If only I could replicate the same grace in my own kitchen. There were 6 of us rotating in 15 minute shifts throughout the night. And we got to watch a fireworks display at the end of the night. I'd say that's a pretty remarkable Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment