Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So...I'm slacking

I've been slacking on my workout routines. I had virtually 2 weeks of barely moving at all, outside teaching. One of the cons of not being locked into a 9 to 5 schedule, is that it is almost impossible to have any structure at all. Every time I try to schedule regular workouts, a gig pops up (last week I was called to be a body painting model), or a business fire needs to be put out (space constraints with my teaching program), or I'm asked to fill in at a teaching job...and before I know it the week is over and all attempts at working out fell to the wayside. I am still searching for an answer to this dilemma. I just have to make time no matter what comes up. I have to say to myself, workout 5 times this week, no matter what day of the week and no matter what time of day or night....just get 5 workouts in. I will try that tactic from now on. I will take any suggestions I can get. I am also learning it helps to have a workout partner to keep you on track...any volunteers??

This week will be a particular challenge because I am traveling for 5 days. Traveling always poses a problem for aerialists. We can't do what we do without our precious equipment and high ceilings. It's just not something we can do in a hotel room. So, I will be working out the old fashion way - running and weights and pilates. Although I am traveling for a circus conference, so I am sure I will get an opportunity to play in the air, at least a little :). Off to pack now. I am Florida bound....for sun, sandals, and flying trapeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment