Monday, July 18, 2011

New Workout: 3,2,1...Blast-off!

It's a new week, and I finally kicked that pesky virus. There's no better time than now to launch my new structured work-out. I hired a personal trainer who works remotely and had a long career with Cirque du Soleil. I couldn't have found a more perfect mentor to take me to the next level. She wrote me a program that includes core training, strength training, shoulder conditioning, flexibility exercises and even conditioning on silks and rope. I dabbled with it last week while I was sick, but yesterday, I really got it going. Already, I feel pretty darn sore - which means it's working of course. To help track my progress, and discipline myself, I bought a work-out journal. I strongly recommend this to anyone trying to go after a goal. Writing it down and checking off boxes along the way, helps keep you on track.

It's only Day 2 and I am fighting excuses..."I'm tired, it's too early for a workout...I have friends coming over for dinner...I ran out of time..it's 90 degrees outside....I'm knee-deep in work..." I did, however, drag myself out of bed this morning to rehearse my trapeze act for an upcoming show. But I still have to squeeze in one more workout before the day is over. I better sign off now, and hit the gym. Let's see how successful this week will be....

No comments:

Post a Comment